It is a misconception that you can be treated with Black Coffee. Getting the person sick will also not help. It will also never help in reducing the alcohol cravings.
The effects of trying to get your friend sober through these orthodox methods could be catastrophic. And since it is hard to identify, the things mentioned above are especially true if a friend is suffering from a severe case alcohol overdose.
There is no sure way to tell, and it doesn't matter whether they had consumed a few or a lot of alcoholic beverages. You could, in fact, save a life if you recognise the signs of acute alcohol poisoning and understand what needs to be done.
The effects of alcoholism could be life threatening, though it is seemingly not so, but the fact remains that alcohol is poisonous. The human body can process just a single unit of alcohol for an hour.
Drinking a large quantity within a short time will result in the quantity of alcohol consumed seeping within the blood and causing problems like stopping the body from functioning adequately.
It is not easy to judge if the person has or has not Alcohol Poisoning. A person may simply be very drunk at one moment and in serious danger soon after.
A person experiencing acute alcohol poisoning will likely not be able to help themselves and this is what makes it important for you to be able to recognize the symptoms.
Be on the watch for the following symptoms;
There are many dangers that come about due to alcohol poisoning. You could easily worsen the situation despite your good intentions.
You should know what to do in case a person is suffering from alcohol poisoning since there are many myths out there for handling people who have drunk too much.
You can never treat alcohol poisoning with alcohol.
Binge drinking is often the cause of alcohol poisoning, and this is a fact which has been confirmed by the medical fraternity. But, this is not the case at all times.
It will depend upon your age, sex, weight, the speed at which you have been consuming alcohol, the quantity of food you have had, your general health and any other drugs which you may also have taken.
This is the reason why it is essential to stay within the low-risk guidelines. Drinking more than 14 units of alcohol a week is not recommended for women or men. Drinking as little as possible on any given occasion is recommended so as to keep the possibility of suffering an accident low.
Follow the guidelines so you can be protected from Acute Alcohol Poisoning.
Call an ambulance as soon as you suspect a person may be suffering from alcohol poisoning.
The number of people admitted because of alcohol poisoning every weekend runs into hundreds. Until they are in the safe zone and can return home, medical personnel observe the people with a mild alcohol overdose. If they are serious, then they can only be helped out: